Didon takes privacy issues very seriously and therefore ensures customers data is properly collected, used, shared and stored.
Didon collects data supplied by you through the Website or by email. Didon also collects information when you visit the Website or from third parties authorized to share your information with us. Didon may collect some of this information even if you are not a registered user or do not place an Order. This data may include:
- contact and personal details such as: name, delivery address, phone number, email address, billing and payment information, date of birth, gift recipient details, gender, nationality and personal shopping preferences;
- website statistical information such as: your location, the URL you use to access the Website, browser or device type/unique fingerprint, your computer’s IP address and domain type, which pages you visited, search terms you entered, items you clicked on;
- transactional information such as: Orders you placed, items you purchased, date and time of Order as well as Orders you decided not to complete or items you placed in your basket and discarded, preferences you have indicated to us, requested personalization of items;
- information from third parties such as: couriers or payment providers; or
- any information you elect to supply to us by mean of online or offline surveys.
Please note that your full payment card details are captured only for the purposes of processing your transaction and are not stored, sold or rented by us. Your full payment card details are not available to any Didon personnel. All card transactions are managed by trusted, certified and legally authorized partners who are responsible for ensuring that your payment details remain secure during the payment process.
Where you provide data of a third party to us, you fully and irrevocably confirm that you have their consent to do so.
Use of your data
We may use your date for the following purposes:
- for any purpose associated with the processing or fulfilment of your Order or to provide any service you request from us;
- to verify and execute financial transactions you make through the Website, including procuring credit checks or performing fraud detection;
- to assist you with your customer service queries or provide information you have requested to manage your account;
- to provide you with a personalized or improved shopping experience;
- for analytical or statistical purposes;
- for marketing purposes including sending you newsletters or promotional information about us and our partners unless you have opted out of receiving such communications;
- to improve our service offering or Website;
- to combine it with information we already hold lawfully through other sources;
- to protect our rights, safety or the safety of others including for fraud prevention; or
- for any purpose required by law or regulation
We may share your data with any of the following:
- carefully selected third parties with whom we have a relationship and who may contact you or utilize your data only for reasons pre-agreed with us, including marketing service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as: payment processing, information technology, Website maintenance, surveys and market research, warehousing and logistics, couriers, advertising and marketing or any service required to process your Order;
- our professional services providers such as: legal, audit, financial and insurance advisers;
- any assignee, successor operator or prospective purchaser of the Website or of us;
- any legal, regulatory, law enforcement, government or municipal bodies; or
- any gift recipient or provider of any warranty in relation to your Order
Protecting your data
The data you provide to us via our Website is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out through our Website will be encrypted using the encryption technology of our payment processing providers. It is your responsibility to keep any Website passwords or login codes issued to or chosen by you, confidential.
We have implemented various steps to safeguard the integrity of our information technology infrastructure, including by implementing authentication, monitoring, auditing, and encryption technology. Security measures have been integrated into the design, implementation, and day-to-day operations of the Website as part of our continuing commitment to the security of electronic content and the electronic transmission of information. Despite such efforts, generally the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and its security can never be guaranteed. Any transmission of data via our Website is therefore carried out at your own risk.
Your data may be transferred to, and stored in or outside, the United Arab Emirates. In submitting your data to us and using our Website, you acknowledge that your data may be sent to countries with differing levels of laws in the field of personal data protection. We require all third parties to whom any personal data is disclosed to keep it secure, treat it as confidential and use it only for the purposes agreed with us.
Our Website uses first party cookies (very small files that are sent by us to your computer or other access device) and other similar technologies which we can access when you visit our Website in the future. We may also use third party cookies.
The types of cookies used by the Website are as follows:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
By using the Website, you irrevocably agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device and access them whenever you visit the Website.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Website.
by calling us on +971 56 330 7864 or by emailing us at [email protected]
When you first register with us you will be able to choose whether or not to receive marketing communications from us or our carefully selected third parties. Whenever you receive a marketing communication or newsletter from us (which may be by email, SMS, push notification, telephone or direct mail), you will be given an opportunity to unsubscribe. In addition, you can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us as described above.
You may also request rectification of any incorrect data displayed in your online account by contacting us or in certain cases, you may be able to directly amend certain information online.
Third Party Websites